Preparation for the Big Lunch

I started my internship about a month ago, and I absolutely love it! Everyone is  so nice at work, they are helpful and considerate. There is a great tradition that is carried on by this group of awesome people—people take turns to  cook  a whole lunch meal for everyone on Fridays. This is wonderful because everyone is busy at work normally, and this provides a opportunity for colleagues to connect with one another. Also, the working environment is very diverse, one week we will have Italian, next week we will have French, the week after we will have some Tennessee barbecue!
So I have decided to cook Chinese meals for everyone at work. Some dishes are going to be my specialties, some will be to-be-learned new dishes. This is going to be my project for this semester.
So the passing Friday, some of my colleagues and I went to the Asian Market in Kingsport. They are really interested and curious about what kind of groceries the Asian Market sells. That’s the main reason for the trip . There is an additional reason why I took them to the market, I want to know what seems to be the most interesting materials to them and that might just be what I will cook. I didn’t tell them that though, just some observations.  What the menu is normally stays a secret until the day of.
I think I have a general idea of what I am going to cook. Hope everyone will enjoy it! I will take some pictures while cooking and maybe make next post a recipe and how-to tutorial!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do I value?

Reece Museum

Tailgate Party!